Acid Reflux, GERD, Heartburn
Most Western Medical doctors don’t get it and would just prescribe an acid reflux pill which may cover up the symptoms but makes the root cause worse. I don’t ever recall a Western Doctor ever asking me to take a food diary.
I also had an accupunturist friend of mine telling me how a few of these doctors came to him for help and when he explained how it worked, those were shocked saying ‘They never taught us that in medical school. We were just taught to prescribe a medication’.
There are hundreds of articles about acid reflux. I would suggest you check out a few of these great articles below
- Dr. Joseph Mercola: Acid Reflux Caused by Too Little Acid, Not Too Much
- Suzy Cohen: My Gut Feeling is You Need More Stomach Acid
- Dr. Jonathon Wright: Are Those Acid Reflux Drugs Really So Bad?
- Alice Wessendorf: Prescription for Death
- Dr. Edward Martin: Reflux study misses the mark
- Dr. Al Sears: Nature’s Cure for Indigestion
- Dr. Al Sears: 3 Foods You Should Never Eat
- Dr. Joseph Mercola: What the Research Really Says About Apple Cider Vinegar
- Earth Clinic – Folk Remedies: Cure Acid Reflux – Hundreds of remedies posted by people on line. Check them all out!
An important warning and notes here:
- You should NEVER stop taking acid reflux drug cold turkey. You have to wean yourself off them gradually or else you’ll experience a severe rebound of your symptoms, and the problem may end up being worse than before you started taking the medication. See Dr Mercola’s article above.
- Water – Drink water before and after food; ideally drink a glass of water half an hour before you eat your meal and half an hour after the meal. You can drink water with meals, and drink water anytime your body feels like it. See more about water here
- You should seek out a natural health practitioners. Click here for a list.
- Don’t buy pasteurized apple cider vinegar (i.e. Trader Joes). Get raw and live apple cider vinegar (i.e. Braggs which is sold in Lassen’s Health, IV Food Coop and other Natural health food store – See list here)
- Look into articles about Probiotic, enzymes, GERD, etc. in websites of Doctor’s listed above.